Location: North Bay, ON
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Department: Heavy Maintenance
At Voyageur Aviation Corp., we deliver innovative solutions to customers with unique aviation requirements. We are an integrated provider of specialized aviation services, including, advanced engineering and maintenance capabilities, part sales and logistics management, aircraft leasing, and contract flying operations both internationally and domestically supporting humanitarian missions, cargo and workforce movements to remote communities. Our headquarters are in North Bay, Ontario, and we are a wholly owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc.
As a key member of the Avionics team, the Technician will report to Supervisor, Avionics and will be responsible for maintaining, repairing, overhauling, modifying and testing electrical, electronic, instrument and radio systems-components on our CRJ and DH8 fleet.
What does a Technician do?
- Perform and document scheduled and unscheduled maintenance as dictated by the manufacturer, per Company policy and procedures, and Transport Canada.
- Carryout aircraft avionics systems modification in accordance with approved applicable Technical Data Packages.
- Troubleshoot aircraft system defects and carryout rectifications in accordance with applicable technical manuals and Data Packages.
- Assemble, modify, and repair various aircraft electrical harness assemblies.
- Carry out bench assessment and repair of various aircraft components in accordance with the applicable component maintenance manuals.
- Observe Voyageur’s safety practices and procedures and comply with all company policies and regulatory requirements.
What you bring to the table
- College diploma in Aircraft Maintenance – Avionics from a Transport Canada approved educational institution.
- Related work experience in an aviation environment is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to follow written and verbal directions accurately.
- Complete tasks accurately and efficiently with high attention to detail.
- Capable of working under pressure with tight deadlines.
What we offer
- A starting wage of $19.00/hour, negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
- A comprehensive benefits program, including extended health care benefits, out-of-country insurance, life and disability insurance, retirement pension plan, employee and family assistance plan, and Employee Share Ownership Plan (TSX: CHR).
You must be legally eligible to work for a Canadian company (e.g., be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or possess a valid work permit), provide a clear Criminal Background Check, and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, we encourage all eligible candidates to apply on our website at www.voyav.com. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.