DIRECTOR, HUMAN RESOURCES
Location: North Bay, Ontario, with a hybrid option available
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Department: Human Resources
A Career in Aviation and Beyond
At Voyageur Aviation Corp. we deliver innovative solutions to customers with unique aviation requirements. We are an integrated provider of specialized aviation services, including, advanced engineering and maintenance capabilities, part sales and logistics management, aircraft leasing, and contract flying operations both internationally and domestically supporting humanitarian missions, Cargo and workforce movements to remote communities. Our headquarters are in North Bay, Ontario, and we are a wholly owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc.
Leading a team of dynamic HR and LR professionals, the Director, Human Resources is a key member of the Voyageur Aviation senior leadership team. This exciting role oversees the development and execution of Voyageur Aviation Human Resources strategy and supports the business through effective leadership in key areas such as labour relations, compensation & benefits, talent acquisition, leadership development, corporate culture, training, and performance management.
Our ideal candidate is a high-capacity, results-oriented, senior HR leader with experience equipping leaders to deliver on strategy and culture. We are looking for an HR leader with extensive knowledge and experience in all aspects of Human Resource supports and services. This role requires a broad range of knowledge and touches every aspect of the business from working with front line employees to working with external vendors. The Director, Human Resources is the primary liaison with our union, and is responsible for all labour relations activities.
The Job Is
Being a key business driver; managing the full scope of HR practices (strategic, talent development and operational) with a leadership seat at the table.
Driven by data and insight; utilizing and analyzing data to set up processes, best practices and creating HR KPI dashboards. You are constantly seeking and assessing the information employees provide and never hesitate to send out a survey or meet 1:1 to learn more.
Hyper-focused on Talent Growth and Management; bringing new initiatives to perform best practice performance reviews to identify talent and develop skills. You are also always on the hunt on how we can attract and retain top talent
Leading our labour relations affairs; providing leadership, oversight and interpretation of the collective agreement between the IAM bargaining unit and Voyageur.
HR Systems & tools; leading the HR systems in place and identifying the need for any new tools and resources.
Celebrating the wins (big and small); bringing the fun into the every-day work environment. You are focused on employee engagement and recognition and ensuring the programs in place are meeting the needs of employees.
Keeping a pulse on the market; you are constantly assessing the talent in our industry and seeing how the landscape is changing. From working remotely practices to in-demand jobs - you have a pulse on what is happening and are actively engaged on strategies to help develop growth at Voyageur.
The job is ultimately being a leader, team player and champion of Voyageur Aviation!
The Next Great Director Has
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or Commerce, MBA preferred.
- Professional certification CHRL an asset.
- Minimum of 15+ years’ experience in Human Resources, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience managing a team of HR professionals.
- Experience implementing strategies and systems for talent management, compensation, and HR technology.
- Experience with all facets of Human Resources, such as employee relations, recruitment, talent acquisition, training and development, policy development and implementation, compensation, succession planning, employee engagement programs, etc.
- Strong business acumen and leadership abilities.
- Working knowledge of employment laws and compliance issues.
- Ability to identify, influence, and collaborate with key stakeholders to achieve desired organizational outcomes.
- Expertise in analysis, critical decision making, project management, and process improvement.
- Bilingual (French & English) considered an asset.
What We Offer
- A beautiful city to call home – seriously, check out North Bay for yourself (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxt96Q-YsNw&t=2s)
- Competitive compensation package with a starting salary of $124,000 and a bonus structure
- Hybrid Workforce Model
- 100% company-paid benefits, including extended health care benefits for dental and vision care, prescription medication, out-of-country insurance and more
- Life and disability insurance
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (TSX: CHR)
- Retirement pension plan
- Employee assistance program
If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, please apply online by clicking the 'Apply Now' link below.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.