AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE ENGINEER
Location: Hamilton, ON
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Department: Line Maintenance
At Voyageur Aviation Corp., we deliver innovative solutions to customers with unique aviation requirements. We are an integrated provider of specialized aviation services, including, advanced engineering and maintenance capabilities, part sales and logistics management, aircraft leasing, and contract flying operations both internationally and domestically supporting humanitarian missions, cargo and workforce movements to remote communities. Our headquarters are in North Bay, Ontario, and we are a wholly owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc.
As a key member of the Line Maintenance team, the Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) will report to the Manager, Line Maintenance, and will be responsible for performing maintenance on company aircraft in a safe and efficient manner.
What does an AME do?
- Carry out and coordinate the inspection, maintenance, and repair of company aircraft and related aircraft systems.
- Perform troubleshooting on aircraft.
- Conduct certification of work, recording of discrepancies and completion of aircraft paperwork in accordance with company and regulatory requirements.
- Perform and document scheduled and unscheduled maintenance as dictated by the manufacturer, per Voyageur’s policy and Transport Canada.
- Ensure that all maintenance operations are conducted in accordance with applicable legislation, company policies and procedures.
- Perform duties in accordance with established policies and procedures while giving primary consideration to personal safety, and the safety of co-workers and customers.
What you bring to the table
- 3 years of experience as an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer.
- Valid AME licence (Category M1 and/or M2).
- College diploma in Aircraft Maintenance from a Transport Canada approved educational institution.
- Candidates with DH8 experience will be given preference.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to identify solutions.
- Complete tasks accurately and efficiently with high attention to detail.
- Capable of working under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
What we offer
- A starting wage of $26.50/hour, negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
- A comprehensive benefits program, including extended health care benefits, out-of-country insurance, life and disability insurance, retirement pension plan, employee and family assistance plan, and Employee Share Ownership Plan (TSX: CHR).
You must be legally eligible to work for a Canadian company (e.g., be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or possess a valid work permit), provide a clear Criminal Background Check, and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, we encourage all eligible candidates to apply on our website at www.voyav.com. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.