Location: North Bay, ON
Job type: Full-time, permanent
At Voyageur Aviation Corp., we deliver innovative solutions to customers with unique aviation requirements. We are an integrated provider of specialized aviation services, including, advanced engineering and maintenance capabilities, part sales and logistics management, aircraft leasing, and contract flying operations both internationally and domestically supporting humanitarian missions, cargo and workforce movements to remote communities. Our headquarters are in North Bay, Ontario, and we are a wholly owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc.
As a key member of the Engineering team, the Structures Engineer will report to the Manager, Structures Engineering, and will develop engineering drawings for aircraft modifications, prepare certification documentation required for STC approvals and manage small to medium teams with respect to the incorporation of aircraft modification. The Structures Engineer also provides technical support to the Aircraft Maintenance Engineers.
What does a Structures Engineer do?
- Interpret regulatory guidance to develop engineering data that supports minor or major repairs and modifications for customer aircraft.
- Use sound engineering principles and prepare engineering designs and reports with a focus on structural modifications.
- Create Certification Plans and demonstrate compliance with appropriate regulatory requirements.
- Develop detailed designs, including identification of appropriate materials and joint methods as engineering drawings using CAD.
- Perform structural analysis to include determination of appropriate loading condition, analyzing original structure and modification structure to determine margins of safety and performing fatigue and damage tolerance analysis to determine expected crack growth.
- Develop Instructions for Continued Airworthiness (ICA) or additional maintenance inspection requirements as they relate to modifications or repairs being completed.
- Support a team of fabricators and installers to achieve the incorporation of designs onto the aircraft.
- Coordinate with appropriate vendors in support of engineering projects.
What you bring to the table
- 5 or more years in design, analysis and certification of aircraft modifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in aerospace engineering with a focus on structures.
- Master’s degree in aerospace engineering is an asset.
- Hold, or be eligible and have the necessary experience for P.Eng Licence in the province of Ontario.
- Familiarity with Dash 7, Dash 8, and CRJ aircraft is an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge with testing, troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Transport Canada Civil Aviation Regulatory Certification requirements.
- Ability to manage a team of fabricators and installers to achieve a common objective.
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently with minimal guidance from senior engineers.
What we offer
- A starting salary of $75,000 annum, negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
- A comprehensive benefits program, including extended health care benefits, out-of-country insurance, life and disability insurance, retirement pension plan, employee and family assistance plan, and Employee Share Ownership Plan (TSX: CHR).
You must be legally eligible to work for a Canadian company (e.g., be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or possess a valid work permit), provide a clear Criminal Background Check, and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, we encourage all eligible candidates to apply on our website at www.voyav.com. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.