AIRCRAFT CERTIFICATION AUTHORITY
Location: Hamilton, ON
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Department: Line Maintenance
At Voyageur Aviation Corp., we deliver innovative solutions to customers with unique aviation requirements. We are an integrated provider of specialized aviation services, including, advanced engineering and maintenance capabilities, part sales and logistics management, aircraft leasing, and contract flying operations both internationally and domestically supporting humanitarian missions, cargo and workforce movements to remote communities. Our headquarters are in North Bay, Ontario, and we are a wholly owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc.
As a key member of the Line Maintenance team, the Aircraft Certification Authority (ACA) will report to the Manager, Line Maintenance, and will be responsible for performing and monitoring maintenance on company aircraft in accordance with Company policy and Transport Canada Regulations.
What does an ACA do?
- Dismantle airframes, aircraft engines, or other aircraft systems for repair, cleaning, inspection and/or overhaul.
- Troubleshoot aircraft’s structural, mechanical, or hydraulic systems to identify problems and adjust/repair systems according to specifications, technical drawings, manuals, and established procedures.
- Carry out and coordinate the inspection, maintenance, and repair of company aircraft and related systems.
- Troubleshooting more complex system defects (fuel system, flight controls, hydraulic systems etc.), aircraft defects and carry out corrective action as required
- Release maintenance work post audit of maintenance work in accordance with applicable Company and Transport Canada policies/regulations
- Perform duties in accordance with established policies and procedures while giving primary consideration to personal safety, and the safety of co-workers and customers.
- Maintain the base inventory by safely storing, replenishing, and counting as required.
- Provide guidance and instruction to Aircraft Maintenance Engineers.
What you bring to the table
- 3 years of experience as an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer.
- Valid AME licence (Category M2).
- Completion of an approved Dash 8 100/200/300 type course.
- College diploma in Aircraft Maintenance from a Transport Canada approved educational institution.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to identify solutions.
- Complete tasks accurately and efficiently with high attention to detail.
- Capable of working under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
What we offer
- A starting wage of $31.51/hour, negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
- A comprehensive benefits program, including extended health care benefits, out-of-country insurance, life and disability insurance, retirement pension plan, employee and family assistance plan, and Employee Share Ownership Plan (TSX: CHR).
You must be legally eligible to work for a Canadian company (e.g., be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or possess a valid work permit), provide a clear Criminal Background Check, and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, we encourage all eligible candidates to apply on our website at www.voyav.com. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.