SHOP CERTIFICATION AUTHORITY, COMPOSITE SHOP
Location: North Bay, ON
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Department: Heavy Maintenance
At Voyageur Aviation Corp., we deliver innovative solutions to customers with unique aviation requirements. We are an integrated provider of specialized aviation services, including, advanced engineering and maintenance capabilities, part sales and logistics management, aircraft leasing, and contract flying operations both internationally and domestically supporting humanitarian missions, cargo and workforce movements to remote communities. Our headquarters are in North Bay, Ontario, and we are a wholly owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc.
As a key member of the Composite Shop team, the Shop Certification Authority (SCA) will report to the Supervisor, Composite Shop, and will be part of the team responsible for performing inspections, composite repair and fabrication, parts assembly, and will be certifying completed tasks of components routed through the Composite Shop.
What does an SCA do?
- Perform preliminary inspection on composite aircraft parts.
- Disassemble and prepare parts for repair with the use of hand tools, parts cleaners, and paint removal processes.
- Verify and approve inspections carried out by Composite Shop Technicians.
- Perform Repair Cost Estimating, including parts, materials, and labour hours.
- Perform composite fabrication and repair tasks using various hand tools and various types of resins, fabrics, adhesives, and sealants.
- Assembly of parts and components upon completion of repair.
- Mentor and supervise work being accomplished by Technicians.
- Provide direction and assistance to junior staff as required.
- Follow standard operating procedures when using sealants, adhesives, and protective finishes.
- Ensure that the work being accomplished is done in accordance with approved manuals per the Company’s Maintenance Policy Manual and Procedures Manual -Maintenance. Complete all necessary paperwork as required.
- Ensure work environment is safe and clean and oversee established procedures for the upkeep and safety of the Company’s facilities and equipment.
What you bring to the table
- 2 years’ experience in related field with experience on aircraft or aircraft components.
- College diploma in Aircraft Maintenance -Structures or alternatively, a Certificate in Advanced Composites training from a TCCA recognized and approved Training Facility.
- Ability to read and interpret manuals, drawings, and other technical publications.
- Demonstrated hard worker that can exercise patience, persistence and determination while working on lengthy tasks.
- Capable of leading a small team.
- Experience identifying and solving problems.
- Complete tasks accurately and efficiently with high attention to detail.
What we offer
- A starting wage of $25.00 to $30.00/hour, negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
- A comprehensive benefits program, including extended health care benefits, out-of-country insurance, life and disability insurance, retirement pension plan, employee and family assistance plan, and Employee Share Ownership Plan (TSX: CHR).
You must be legally eligible to work for a Canadian company (e.g., be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or possess a valid work permit), provide a clear Criminal Background Check, and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, we encourage all eligible candidates to apply on our website at www.voyav.com. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.