TECHNICIAN, COMPOSITE SHOP
Location: North Bay, ON
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Department: Heavy Maintenance
At Voyageur Aviation Corp., we deliver innovative solutions to customers with unique aviation requirements. We are an integrated provider of specialized aviation services, including, advanced engineering and maintenance capabilities, part sales and logistics management, aircraft leasing, and contract flying operations both internationally and domestically supporting humanitarian missions, cargo and workforce movements to remote communities. Our headquarters are in North Bay, Ontario, and we are a wholly owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc.
As a key member of the Composite Shop team, the Technician will report to the Supervisor, Composite Shop, and will perform inspections, composite repair and fabrication, and parts assembly.
What does a Technician do?
- Perform preliminary inspection on composite aircraft components.
- Disassemble and prepare parts for repair with the use of hand tools, cleaners, and paint removal processes.
- Perform composite fabrication and repair tasks using various hand tools and various types of resins, composite materials, adhesives, and sealants.
- Assembly of parts and components upon completion of repair.
- Follow standard operating procedures when using sealants, adhesives, and protective finishes.
- Complete all necessary paperwork as required.
What you bring to the table
- At least 1 years’ experience in related field; experience on aircraft, auto body or marine considered an asset.
- Ability to read and interpret manuals, drawings, and other technical publications.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Can complete tasks accurately and efficiently with high attention to detail.
- Capable of working under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to identify solutions.
What we offer
- A starting wage of $18.00/hour, negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
- A comprehensive benefits program, including extended health care benefits, out-of-country insurance, life and disability insurance, retirement pension plan, employee and family assistance plan, and Employee Share Ownership Plan (TSX: CHR).
You must be legally eligible to work for a Canadian company (e.g., be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or possess a valid work permit), provide a clear Criminal Background Check, and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, we encourage all eligible candidates to apply on our website at www.voyav.com. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.