Location: North Bay, ON
Job type: Full-time, Shift work (Days and evenings)
Department: Fuel Dealership
At Voyageur Aviation Corp., we deliver innovative solutions to customers with unique aviation requirements. We are an integrated provider of specialized aviation services, including, advanced engineering and maintenance capabilities, part sales and logistics management, aircraft leasing, and contract flying operations both internationally and domestically supporting humanitarian missions, cargo and workforce movements to remote communities. Our headquarters are in North Bay, Ontario, and we are a wholly owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc.
As a key member of the Fuel Dealership team, the Fuel Attendant will report to the Manager, Buildings, Ground Support & Airport Services, and will be responsible for procuring, transferring, and inspecting jet fuel and glycol for North Bay aircraft operations. The Fuel Attendant also supplies equipment and provides baggage handling services for internal and external customers. This position is required to carry the on-call phone while working the evening shift.
What does a Fuel Attendant do?
- Perform daily over and underwing fueling of aircraft for commercial airlines, non-scheduled private customers, and World Fuel Services customers.
- Monitor fuel inventory and order fuel based on flight schedule.
- Perform daily fuel tank and truck inspections and quality testing.
- Provide baggage handling, GPU service, and baggage/cargo handling.
- Marshall incoming aircraft and sanitize overnight aircraft.
- Provide lavatory, catering, wheelchair ramp, and air stair services.
- De-ice aircraft and perform snow removal around parked aircraft, fuel farm and hangar doors.
- Daily glycol quality testing, re-filling the truck and inventory monitoring.
- Conduct daily walk arounds and safety inspections on equipment and adhere to Voyageur’s safety policies and procedures.
- Support ad hoc customer requests and support Lead Hand when needed.
What you bring to the table
- 1 year of experience in a similar role.
- Radio Licence is required.
- Airside Vehicle Operator’s Permit is required.
- DZ Licence is required.
- High School diploma is required.
- Capable of lifting up to 50lbs.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to identify solutions.
- Capable of working independently as a part of a team.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule.
What we offer
- A starting wage of $20/hour, negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
- A comprehensive benefits program, including extended health care benefits, out-of-country insurance, life and disability insurance, retirement pension plan, employee and family assistance plan, and Employee Share Ownership Plan (TSX: CHR).
You must be legally eligible to work for a Canadian company (e.g., be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or possess a valid work permit), provide a clear Criminal Background Check, and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, we encourage all eligible candidates to apply on our website at www.voyav.com. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.