FLEET MANAGER – MAISR
Location: Trenton, ON
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Department: Line Maintenance
At Voyageur Aviation Corp., we deliver innovative solutions to customers with unique aviation requirements. We are an integrated provider of specialized aviation services, including, advanced engineering and maintenance capabilities, part sales and logistics management, aircraft leasing, and contract flying operations both internationally and domestically supporting humanitarian missions, cargo and workforce movements to remote communities. Our headquarters are in North Bay, Ontario, and we are a wholly owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc.
As a key member of the Line Maintenance team, the Fleet Manager – MAISR (Manned Airborne, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance Operations) will report to the Director, Maintenance (Airways) and will be responsible for the coordination of maintenance and maintenance staff activities for CE145C aircraft. This position provides planning, quality oversight, technical support to maintenance staff at the Main and Forward Operating bases, and monitors maintenance performance on the CE145C fleet, while ensuring work performed in accordance with Department of Defense regulatory approvals.
What does a Fleet Manager – MAISR do?
- Monitor changes to DND regulations and guidance material.
- Draft new and amend existing policies/procedures regarding the Acceptable Maintenance Organization.
- Review Airworthiness Directives issued by Transport Canada, Federal Aviation Administration, and the European Union Aviation Safety Agency for any necessary changes to maintenance programs for the MAISR fleet.
- Produce reports for aircraft undergoing maintenance.
- Correspond with Airworthiness Technical Organization staff and DND regulatory authorities regarding flight permits.
- Process document change requests for amendments to maintenance forms, directives and the Directorate of Technical Airworthiness and Engineering Support approved manuals.
- Coordinate Aircraft Certification Authority interviews, testing, required documentation signing authority.
- Analyze future maintenance reports and coordinate with Main Operating Base Manager and Certifying authorities for any aircraft downtime and scheduling changes needed to carry out maintenance on aircraft.
- Ensure all required material, facilities, equipment, and personnel are ready and available prior to upcoming maintenance, and order aircraft parts and specialized tools required for maintenance.
- Plan, estimate, and track the progress of aircraft undergoing checks at the main base.
- Stand in for the Director, Maintenance (Airways) in certain meetings when required.
- Provide orientation to new employees, monitor training needs, and coordinate with Human Resources, DND, and local training facilities for the delivery of internal and external training.
What you bring to the table
- 5 years’ experience as an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer.
- Valid AME Licence.
- College diploma in Aircraft Maintenance from a Transport Canada approved educational institution.
- Understanding of and technical documents and manuals, and ability to interpret Canadian Aviation Regulations.
- Professional communication skills and capable of understanding unique customer and project requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems, suggest improvements, and implement changes.
- Capable of working under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Working knowledge of computerized maintenance programs and Windows-based programs.
- Work effectively in both an individual and team environment.
What we offer
- A starting salary of $92,600/annum, negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
- A comprehensive benefits program, including extended health care benefits, out-of-country insurance, life and disability insurance, retirement pension plan, employee and family assistance plan, and Employee Share Ownership Plan (TSX: CHR).
You must be legally eligible to work for a Canadian company (e.g., be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or possess a valid work permit), provide a clear Criminal Background Check, and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, we encourage all eligible candidates to apply on our website at www.voyav.com. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.