MATERIAL SERVICES SPECIALIST
Location: North Bay, ON
Job type: Full-time, permanent
At Voyageur Aviation Corp., we deliver innovative solutions to customers with unique aviation requirements. We are an integrated provider of specialized aviation services, including, advanced engineering and maintenance capabilities, part sales and logistics management, aircraft leasing, and contract flying operations both internationally and domestically supporting humanitarian missions, cargo and workforce movements to remote communities. Our headquarters are in North Bay, Ontario, and we are a wholly owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc.
As a key member of the Procurement team, the Material Services Specialist will report to the Director, Supply Management, and will help source, price, and purchase materials and outside services based on internal needs. They will also track inbound materials and perform follow up functions to ensure materials and services meet required dates.
What does a Material Services Specialist do?
- Purchase parts, supplies, tools, and equipment (Material) to support Company operations.
- Source repair services and solicit quotations from new and existing vendors.
- Create purchase orders, scan and upload approval records and other purchasing documentation IAW established procedures.
- Solicit and document quotations, negotiate price and delivery as required through established procedures.
- Ensure Material and services are purchased from approved vendors and meet Company/Customer certification requirements.
- Monitor delivery dates from suppliers, follow up to ensure delivery dates are maintained, liaise with internal departments to co-ordinate receipt of Material.
- Resolve routine problems with suppliers, relating to parts, documentation, shipping errors, pricing, and invoicing.
- Review monthly expiring vendors from Approved Vendor pool. Obtain Vendor Quality Audit forms as required for new or expiring vendors, review for accuracy, and prepare for vendor approval process.
- Update and manage weekly/monthly reports relating to production, special projects, costs to date, items outstanding, delivery dates, etc. as required.
- Perform all job functions within Computerized Maintenance Program (CMP), WinAir.
What you bring to the table
- 2 years of experience in a similar role, with aviation experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Post-secondary Education in Supply Chain Management is considered an asset.
- Proven ability to build and maintain professional relationships.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Capable of working under pressure with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven computer skills with an emphasis on MS Office Suite.
- Positive attitude and ability to take initiative.
What we offer
- A starting salary of $47,100 annum, negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
- A comprehensive benefits program, including extended health care benefits, out-of-country insurance, life and disability insurance, retirement pension plan, employee and family assistance plan, and Employee Share Ownership Plan (TSX: CHR).
You must be legally eligible to work for a Canadian company (e.g., be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or possess a valid work permit), provide a clear Criminal Background Check, and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, we encourage all eligible candidates to apply on our website at www.voyav.com. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.