TECHNICAL STAFF DEVELOPMENT EDUCATOR
Location: North Bay, Ontario
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Department: Quality Control
At Voyageur Aviation Corp., we deliver innovative solutions to customers with unique aviation requirements. We are an integrated provider of specialized aviation services, including, advanced engineering and maintenance capabilities, part sales and logistics management, aircraft leasing, and contract flying operations both internationally and domestically supporting humanitarian missions, cargo and workforce movements to remote communities. Our headquarters are in North Bay, Ontario, and we are a wholly owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc.
As a key member of the Quality Control team, the Technical Staff Development Educator will report to Manager, Quality Control and will be responsible for developing and delivering technical training (i.e., aircraft systems, troubleshooting, inspection techniques, company policy and procedures) to all technical staff in the Heavy Maintenance and Line Maintenance departments.
What does a Technical Staff Development Educator do?
- Review and revise existing training programs to ensure accurate information and alignment with company and industry standards.
- Define learning objectives and evaluation metrics and tools to meet objectives.
- Develop new courses and course material (i.e., lesson plans, evaluation methods) to meet company growth and evolving demands.
- Create lesson plans that address and encompass different learning styles for required and optional courses.
- Coordinate with departmental Managers and Supervisors to identify areas of improvement within the Company that can be addressed through course development and delivery.
- Consult with other training staff, senior management, and Human Resources regarding training and development needs.
- Liaise with industry representatives, Canadian Council for Aviation & Aerospace (CCAA), Approved Training Organizations (ATO), and community members to further the development of new and existing training programs.
- Coordinate with external training providers and internal departments to schedule and deliver initial, recurrent, and ad-hoc training programs with on-location, hybrid, and online delivery.
- Monitor and evaluate student learning using various evaluation tools to ensure students achieve desired level of knowledge as set out by course objectives.
- Provide academic leadership, tutoring, and mentorship to all technical employees both in and out of training programs.
- Work collaboratively with other technical and training personnel to develop, maintain, and support the mentorship program.
- Evaluate prospective mentorship applications for suitability and match mentors with the appropriate mentee.
- Identify emerging trends and practices and stay current with industry and educational standards, through professional development activities and organizations.
- Foster an inclusive learning environment which makes effective use of available resources and is conducive to the success of all employees.
What you bring to the table
- 5 years’ experience as an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer.
- College diploma in Aircraft Maintenance from a Transport Canada approved educational institution.
- Diploma in Adult Education or equivalent preferred.
- Valid AME Licence is an asset.
- Thorough knowledge of the Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul processes.
- Working knowledge of computerized maintenance programs.
- Experience teaching and/or delivering training. Experience in a technical Aviation setting considered an asset.
- Capable of working under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Innovative and enthusiastic approach to teaching methods.
What we offer
- A starting salary of $67,500/annum, negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
- A comprehensive benefits program, including extended health care benefits, out-of-country insurance, life and disability insurance, retirement pension plan, employee and family assistance plan, and Employee Share Ownership Plan (TSX: CHR).
You must be legally eligible to work for a Canadian company (e.g., be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or possess a valid work permit), provide a clear Criminal Background Check, and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, we encourage all eligible candidates to apply on our website at www.voyav.com. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.