AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE ENGINEER, HEAVY MAINTENANCE
Location: North Bay, Ontario
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Department: Heavy Maintenance
At Voyageur Aviation Corp., we deliver innovative solutions to customers with unique aviation requirements. We are an integrated provider of specialized aviation services, including, advanced engineering and maintenance capabilities, part sales and logistics management, aircraft leasing, and contract flying operations both internationally and domestically supporting humanitarian missions, cargo and workforce movements to remote communities. Our headquarters are in North Bay, Ontario, and we are a wholly owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc.
As a key member of the Heavy Maintenance team, the Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) will report to the Manager, Heavy Maintenance and will be responsible for performing aircraft inspections, troubleshoot defects and carry out rectifications in accordance with OEM manuals and publications to the highest standard of Airworthiness on CRJ 100 200 900, Dash 8 100 200 300 Q400 Aircraft.
What does an AME do?
- Dismantle airframes, aircraft engines or other aircraft systems for repair, clean, inspect and or overhaul, reassemble components or Airframes to the highest standard of Airworthiness.
- Ensure that all maintenance operations are conducted in accordance with applicable legislation, company policies and procedures.
- Troubleshoot aircraft’s structural, mechanical or hydraulic systems to identify problems and adjust/repair systems according to specifications, technical drawings, manuals and established procedures.
- Perform and document scheduled, and unscheduled maintenance as dictated by the manufacturer, per Voyageur’s policy and Transport Canada Regulations.
- Work effectively in a team environment to maintain a high level of production.
- Learn all Aircraft systems operations on multiple aircraft types to prepare for future advancement within Voyageur.
- Actively participate in Voyageur’s Safety Management System including report hazards and incidents encountered during daily operations.
- Maintain a professional standard while communicating with cabin and flight crew.
What you bring to the table
- 1 or more years of experience as an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer.
- Valid AME licence (Category M1 and/or M2).
- College diploma in Aircraft Maintenance from a Transport Canada approved educational institution.
- CRJ or DH8 Experience and/or endorsements is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to identify solutions.
- Complete tasks accurately and efficiently with high attention to detail.
- Capable of working under pressure with tight deadlines.
What we offer
- A starting wage of $26.50/hour, negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
- A comprehensive benefits program, including extended health care benefits, out-of-country insurance, life and disability insurance, retirement pension plan, employee and family assistance plan, and Employee Share Ownership Plan (TSX: CHR).
You must be legally eligible to work for a Canadian company (e.g., be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or possess a valid work permit), provide a clear Criminal Background Check, and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, we encourage all eligible candidates to apply on our website at www.voyav.com. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.