AIRCRAFT/SHOP CERTIFICATION AUTHORITY, ENGINE DIVISION
Location: North Bay, Ontario
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Department: Heavy Maintenance
At Voyageur Aviation Corp., we deliver innovative solutions to customers with unique aviation requirements. We are an integrated provider of specialized aviation services, including, advanced engineering and maintenance capabilities, part sales and logistics management, aircraft leasing, and contract flying operations both internationally and domestically supporting humanitarian missions, cargo and workforce movements to remote communities. Our headquarters are in North Bay, Ontario, and we are a wholly owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc.
As a key member of the Engine Division, the Aircraft/Shop Certification Authority will report to the Supervisor, Accessory Shop, and will be responsible be a part of the crew responsible for signing off on completed maintenance of aircraft components.
What does an Aircraft/Shop Certification Authority do?
- Verify inspections conducted by Accessory Shop Technician of engines and engine accessories, and approving any non-routine defects.
- Perform functional testing, troubleshooting, repairing, of engines, QEC kits, fan blades, fan blade pins, and related accessories.
- Complete Borescope inspections and reports on CF34-3/8, and PW100 Series Engines.
- Remove and replace defective components and perform return to service testing.
- Ensure work environment is safe and clean; maintain work area and equipment.
- Mentor and supervise work done by Technicians.
- Oversee established procedures for the upkeep and safety of the Company’s facilities and equipment.
- Ensure that work being accomplished is done in accordance with the maintenance policies and procedures.
- Uphold and enforce company safety programs and policies to mitigate injury to employees and damage to aircraft.
- Duties may include work completed in other divisions within the Accessory Shop.
What you bring to the table
- One (1) or more years of experience as an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer.
- Valid AME licence (Category M1 and/or M2), or equivalent.
- College diploma in Aircraft Maintenance from a Transport Canada approved educational institution or equivalent.
- Able to obtain ACA/SCA privilege within six (6) months of hire.
- PW100 and/or CF34 experience is an asset.
- Ability to read and interpret maintenance manuals.
- Ability to use measurement tools, such as micrometers and calipers.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Complete tasks accurately and efficiently with high attention to detail.
- Candidates require basic hand tools.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
What we offer
- A starting wage of $26.76-$39.39/hour, negotiable based on skill, ability, experience, and qualifications.
- A comprehensive benefits program, including extended health care benefits, out-of-country insurance, life and disability insurance, retirement pension plan, employee and family assistance plan, and Employee Share Ownership Plan (TSX: CHR).
You must be legally eligible to work for a Canadian company (e.g., be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or possess a valid work permit), provide a clear Criminal Background Check, and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, we encourage all eligible candidates to apply on our website at www.voyav.com. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to a culture that values diversity and inclusion. Voyageur Aviation Corp. is committed to providing support to all applicants throughout the recruitment and selection process. Candidates requiring an accommodation should advise Human Resources and support will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibilities for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.