FIXED ASSET, SUPPLY MANAGEMENT & AIRLINE OPERATIONS
Department: Accounting & Corporate Administration
Location: North Bay, ON
Schedule: Standard Work Week
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Deadline: May 31, 2019 or until filled.
Reports to: Director, Accounting & Corporate Administration
As a member of the Finance team, the Financial Analyst will be responsible to provide support of month end processes, to include accrual accounting, reconciling intercompany accounts, and financial analysis and reporting. The incumbent will work to develop strong internal controls and work effectively with all internal and external stakeholders to continually seek out increased efficiencies and improvements.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Manage rotables (aircraft fixed assets) and aircraft parts held for resale (inventory) accounting including depreciation entries, accruals and inventory count controls.
- Manage the fixed asset accounting for all divisions, including depreciation policy application.
- Maintain the Authorization for Commitment (AFC) accounting and reporting process ensuring effective execution of the AFC policy.
- Airline Operations, Aircraft Leasing and Supply Management cost accounting including accruals and contract/aircraft part out profitability reporting.
- Airline Operations cashflow forecasting, and reconciliation.
- Review finance processes as it relates to these functional areas and implement process improvements and automation where applicable.
- Prepare and review cost saving initiatives.
- Support the functional areas through the budget and outlooking process.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TABLE
- CPA/CMA/CGA designation or designation in progress.
- 1-3 years' experience in a fast-paced financial environment.
- Superior problem-solving skills and desire to question status quo is required.
- Experience managing inventory or having inventory audit experience is required.
- Ability to analyze accounting issues and make recommendations is required.
- Excellent MS Office Excel proficiency is required and experience with CaseWare IDEA an asset.
- Knowledge or experience in Microsoft Great Plains accounting system is an asset.
- Knowledge of Avbase WinAir inventory system is an asset.
- Candidate will be expected to self-manage and work independently.
- Candidates must be eligible to work for a Canadian company, able to travel internationally and provide a clear criminal background check.
Voyageur offers employees and their families extensive benefits including:
- 100% company paid benefits including extended health care benefits for dental and vision care, prescription medication, out-of-country insurance and more.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (TSX: CHR).
- Retirement pension plan.
- Employee assistance program.
Voyageur Aviation Corp. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc. (TSX: CHR), a company whose vision is to deliver regional aviation to the world. Voyageur is headquartered in North Bay, Ontario, Canada and operates under the core principles of comprehensive safety management, quality assurance, and client-dedicated solutions. Our services include: airline operations; aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul; aircraft part sales and logistics management; and aircraft leasing. These services provide an unparalleled suite of services for regional aviation clients across the globe. Voyageur prides itself in providing its employees with job security, competitive wages, health and retirement benefits, and a safe working environment.
If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, please apply online by clicking the link below.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.