LICENSED AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE ENGINEER (S, M or E)
Department: Heavy Maintenance
Schedule: Standard Work Week
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Vacancies: Multiple (M, S and E Licenced)
* Required to relocate to North Bay, ON *
As a member of the Maintenance team, the AME is responsible for performing and documenting scheduled and unscheduled maintenance as dictated by the manufacturer, per Voyageur’s policy and Transport Canada. In addition, this position will maintain professional standards while communicating with the cabin and flight crew and actively participate in Voyageur’s Safety Management System including hazard and incident reporting.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Dismantle airframes, aircraft engines or other aircraft systems for repair, overhaul, cleaning and reassemble.
- Perform aircraft inspections, troubleshooting and defect rectifications in accordance with OEM manuals and publications to the highest standard of airworthiness.
- Troubleshoot aircraft’s structural, mechanical or hydraulic systems to identify problems and adjust/repair systems according to specifications, technical drawings, manuals and established procedures.
- Restore or repair defects using unique aircraft fastening hardware, composite materials, chemicals, adhesives, paints and textiles.
- Manufacture aircraft equipment, components or replacement items from base metals using special cutting tools and milling machines.
- Fabricate and repair aircraft structures using composite, fiberglass, textiles, leather, plastic and synthetic components.
- Diagnose electrical malfunctions or other related problems in the aircraft as per technical manuals, drawings or blueprints.
- Maintain aircraft electronic systems and equipment, including communications and navigation equipment.
- Assemble and/or modify a variety of electric cables.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TABLE
- College diploma in Aircraft Maintenance from a Transport Canada approved educational institution.
- 1-3 years of experience as an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer.
- Valid AME license (M, S or E).
- Candidates with CRJ or DH8 experience and/or endorsements with be given preference.
- Reliable, responsible and self-motivated with demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Candidates must be eligible to work for a Canadian company, able to travel internationally and provide a clear criminal background check.
Voyageur offers employees and their families extensive benefits including:
- 100% company paid benefits including extended health care benefits for dental and vision care, prescription medication, out-of-country insurance and more.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (TSX: CHR).
- Retirement pension plan.
- Employee assistance program.
Voyageur Aviation Corp. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc. (TSX: CHR), a company whose vision is to deliver regional aviation to the world. Voyageur is headquartered in North Bay, Ontario, Canada and operates under the core principles of comprehensive safety management, quality assurance, and client-dedicated solutions. Our services include: airline operations; aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul; aircraft part sales and logistics management; and aircraft leasing. These services provide an unparalleled suite of services for regional aviation clients across the globe. Voyageur prides itself in providing its employees with job security, competitive wages, health and retirement benefits, and a safe working environment.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.