(Aviation Material Technician)
Department: Material Control
Location: North Bay
Schedule: Monday - Friday; 7:00 – 3:30 pm / 8:00 – 4:30 pm
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Deadline: August 30th, 2019 or until filled
Reports to: Manager, Material Control
We are looking for individuals to join our Avparts Material Control team as an Aviation Material Technician. The Aviation Material Technician sends, accepts and records the movement of parts, supplies and equipment to and from the hangar.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Follow established Company policies, procedures and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives and safety and environmental standards.
- Receive, inspect and verify incoming goods against packing slips and other documents, record shortages and reject damaged goods.
- Unpack and route goods to appropriate storage areas.
- Prepare Carrier's bill of lading and any additional shipping documentation.
- Operate warehousing equipment (Pallet Jack, Forklift, Condor Chick).
- Accurately pick and pull inventory/tooling, as needed, to support ongoing projects and maintenance requests.
- Active involvement of physical inventory counting.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TABLE
- Proven computer skills (MS Excel and MS Word) and excellent data entry skills.
- Experience using inventory related software, such as WinAir, is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and complete tasks accurately and efficiently with attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment accurately and efficiently.
- Knowledge of aircraft tooling and shipment of dangerous goods is considered an asset.
- Must have the ability and skill to perform the detailed job requirements competently, safely, accurately and proficiently.
- All candidates must possess a valid passport and be able to travel abroad unrestricted. In addition, candidates must also be eligible to work for a Canadian company.
- Clear criminal background check.
- Maintained immunizations and immunization records.
Voyageur offers employees and their families extensive benefits including:
- 100% company paid benefits including extended health care benefits for dental and vision care, prescription medication, out-of-country insurance and more.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (TSX: CHR).
- Retirement pension plan.
- Employee assistance program.
Voyageur Aviation Corp. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc. (TSX: CHR), a company whose vision is to deliver regional aviation to the world. Voyageur Aviation Corp is the parent company of Voyageur Airways, Voyageur Aerotech, and Voyageur Avparts. Voyageur Aviation Corp manages these three entities under the same core principles of comprehensive Safety Management, Quality Assurance, and Client-Dedicated Solutions. Under Voyageur Aviation Corp, Airways, Aerotech, and Avparts can combine their expertise on aircraft services and products to offer an unparalleled one-stop-shop for aviation related clients across the globe. Voyageur prides itself in providing its employees with job security, competitive wages, health and retirement benefits, and a safe working environment.
If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, please apply by clicking the link below.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.