Flight Follower Accredited Program
Location: North Bay, Ontario
Employee Status: Full Time / Permanent / Co-op
Company: Voyageur Airways is a Canadian Air Operator specializing in ad-hoc or contract-based aircraft charter services and aircraft leasing. Voyageur Airways’ operations are worldwide, often in remote and challenging environments.
Benefits: Voyageur offers employees and employees' families extensive benefits. Extended health care benefits include dental, vision, prescription drugs, hearing, out-of-country insurance, orthotic devices, semi-private hospital, and more. Other benefits include life and disability insurance, an employee share ownership program, a retirement pension plan, and a number of other employee assistance programs.
Job Description: We are currently accepting applications from individuals to fill entry-level Flight Follower positions at our head office. The successful candidate will perform on-the-job training to work towards becoming a licenced Dispatcher. Flight Followers are responsible for the day-to-day administration aspects of flight operations and monitor for operational concerns that may impact operations including flight delays, cancellations, payload restrictions, equipment serviceability, and ground support concerns.
Flight Followers are scheduled for 12 hour shifts and cover 24/7 flight operations.
Flight Follower responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- To advise pertinent personnel of any operational concerns that may impact operations including flight delays, cancellations, payload restrictions, equipment serviceability, and ground support concerns.
- Upholding a professional standard in the workplace and maintaining strong Crew Resource Management conduct.
- Customer service commitment.
- Actively participating in the company's Safety Management System including reporting hazards and incidents encountered in daily operations, and understanding, complying with, and promoting the company's safety culture.
Flight Follower Qualifications:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to work independently and in a group environment in fast paced environment.
- Enthusiastic & self motivated.
- All candidates must possess a valid Passport and be able to travel internationally unrestricted.
At the completion of the Flight Follower Accredited Program successful candidates will be required to write two Transport Canada exams and complete the restricted Operator Radio Licence certificate.