Director, Business Development – Technical Services
Voyageur Aviation Corp (Voyageur) is seeking an individual to act as a Business Development Manager for Voyageur’s Technical Services. These services / products include:
- Aircraft Maintenance Repair & Overhaul
- Aircraft Design Engineering
- Aircraft Modifications
- Aircraft Parts Sales and Leasing
Location: Flexible, but preferably residing in Ontario. Voyageur’s head office is in North Bay, Ontario. It is envisioned that this position will require a significant amount of business travel, so applicants do not necessarily need to reside in North Bay.
Employee Status: Full Time
Company: Voyageur Aviation Corp. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc. (TSX: CHR), a company whose vision is to deliver regional aviation to the world. Voyageur Aviation Corp is the parent company of Voyageur Airways, Voyageur Aerotech, and Voyageur Avparts. Voyageur Aviation Corp manages these three entities under the same core principles of comprehensive Safety Management, Quality Assurance, and Client-Dedicated Solutions. Under Voyageur Aviation Corp, Airways, Aerotech, and Avparts can combine their expertise on aircraft services and products to offer an unparalleled one-stop-shop for aviation related clients across the globe.
Benefits: Voyageur offers employees and employees' families extensive benefits. Extended health care benefits include dental, vision, prescription drugs, hearing, out-of-country insurance, orthotic devices, semi-private hospital, and more. Other benefits include life and disability insurance, a Chorus employee share ownership program, a retirement pension plan, and a number of other employee assistance programs.
Job Description: This position will focus in three key areas of responsibility – New Business Development, Client Retention and Business Development Planning.
New Business Development
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Plan approaches and pitches, to develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
- Introduce new products and services, and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
Business Development Planning
- Creative input in the development of marketing and sales plans.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Must possess a valid passport and be able to travel abroad unrestricted.
- Must be eligible to work for a Canadian company.
- Must have post-secondary education in an aviation technical field or equivalent work experience.
- Preference will be given to candidates that also possess a post-secondary education in a business development or marketing field.
- A history of sales training courses is beneficial.
- Must be fluent in and have extensive knowledge of the English language.
- Must have at least two years in a senior aviation technical business development and/or sales role and fifteen years in the aviation industry.
- Must be capable of professional Networking, Persuasion, Prospecting, Public Speaking, Research, and Writing.
- Must have a demonstrable Motivation for Sales, Sales Planning, Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges, Market Knowledge, Meeting Sales Goals, and Closing Skills.
- Must have experience with CRM products, and Microsoft Office.