FINANCE CLERK (CONTRACT)
Location: North Bay
Schedule: Standard Work Week
Employee Status: Full-time, Contract until Fall 2018
Voyageur Aviation Corp. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc. (TSX: CHR), a company whose vision is to deliver regional aviation to the world. Voyageur Aviation Corp is the parent company of Voyageur Airways, Voyageur Aerotech, and Voyageur Avparts. Voyageur Aviation Corp manages these three entities under the same core principles of comprehensive Safety Management, Quality Assurance, and Client-Dedicated Solutions. Under Voyageur Aviation Corp, Airways, Aerotech, and Avparts can combine their expertise on aircraft services and products to offer an unparalleled one-stop-shop for aviation related clients across the globe. Voyageur prides itself in providing its employees with job security, competitive wages, health and retirement benefits, and a safe working environment.
As a member of the Finance team, the Finance Clerk will be responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations.
- Calculating, preparing and issuing documents related to customer accounts such as invoices, account statements and other financial statements.
- Preparing general ledger and trial balances and opening and closing books for auditors.
- Coding, entering, verifying and reconciling transactions such as invoices and bank statements.
- Practicing and upholding internal cost control procedures.
- Examining financial accounts and records and providing information to auditors as required.
- Performing related clerical duties such as word processing, maintaining filing systems and photocopying.
- Post-secondary education in Accounting or related field
- 1-3 years of experience in Finance
- Working knowledge of accounts payable, accounts receivable and general accounts processes
- Proven computer skills (MS Excel and MS Outlook) and excellent data entry skills
- Experience using accounting related software, such as Great Plains, is an asset
- Ability to process all responsibilities with a high level of accuracy and confidentiality
- Professional communication skills, both verbal and written
- All candidates must possess a valid passport and be able to travel abroad unrestricted. In addition, candidates must also be eligible to work for a Canadian company
- Clear criminal background check
- Updated immunizations and immunization records
If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, please apply online by February 28, 2018 at www.voyav.com.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.