IT Project Manager
Location: North Bay, Ontario
Employee Status: Full Time / Permanent
Company: Voyageur Aviation Corp is the parent company of Voyageur Airways, Voyageur Aerotech, and Voyageur Avparts. Voyageur Aviation Corp manages these three entities under the same core principles of comprehensive Safety Management, Quality Assurance, and Client-Dedicated Solutions. Under Voyageur Aviation Corp, Airways, Aerotech, and Avparts can combine their expertise on aircraft services and products to offer an unparalleled one-stop-shop for aviation related clients across the globe.
Benefits: Voyageur offers employees and employees' families extensive benefits. Extended health care benefits include dental, vision, prescription drugs, hearing, out-of-country insurance, orthotic devices, semi-private hospital, and more. Other benefits include life and disability insurance, an employee share ownership program, a retirement pension plan, and a number of other employee assistance programs.
Job Description: Reporting to the IT Manager, the IT Project Manager works closely with all lines of business to ensure that projects of strategic importance are delivered in a manner that achieves the business objectives, while following a defined project management methodology, ensuring that the solution implemented is both supportable and sustainable.
The IT Project Manager is accountable for the overall execution of project processes and deliverables in-line with the project plan, including planning, financial, communication, stakeholder, risk and issue, and scope management.
The IT Project Manager will leverage resources from a myriad of departments, both in IT and the business, with project profiles including infrastructure, application, transformational, organizational change management and foundational components.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Planning, managing and delivering distinct projects through all specific phases, in alignment with business and/or enterprise strategies.
- Providing leadership, direction and coaching to team(s) while partnering with business and executive stakeholders within single or multiple business units.
- Managing a number of small projects at any given time.
- Contributing to the decision-making process in order to introduce technology and process change/transformation throughout all business units.
- Recognizing symptoms that indicate problems and managing clients perceived assessment of business risks appropriately.
- Managing business expectations, leading project review meetings, managing and setting priorities as appropriate.
Preference will be given to candidates possessing one or more of the following:
- Significant experience in the IT project delivery function.
- Proven success developing and implementing solutions within a complex multi-stakeholder organization.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in project management best practices.
- Partnering with senior management to understand the strategic importance of an initiative and asserting positions and ideas compellingly to ensure successful delivery.
- Demonstrated sense of ownership and commitment with the capability to drive issues to closure. Making recommendations from a strategic point of view including the development of policies, standards and core processes for projects.
- Demonstrated acceptance of accepting responsibility for individual and team performance.
- Experience in the IT business planning process and an understanding of how it impacts the need for process improvements.
- PMP designation.
- ITIL Certification.
- Experience working with MS Project.
- Executive communication and documentation skills.
- Complex project scheduling experience.
- Business intelligence reporting experience is an asset.
- Aviation experience an asset.