Location: North Bay
Schedule: Standard Work Week
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Deadline: July 23, 2018 (Internal), July 30, 2018 (External); or until filled
We are looking for a qualified individual to join our Procurement team as a Procurement Specialist. The successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for sourcing, pricing, purchasing and arranging materials and supplies used by Voyageur.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Purchase parts, supplies, tools and equipment to support company operations.
- Solicit and document quotations, negotiate price and delivery as required through established procedures.
- Resolve routine problems with suppliers relating to parts, documentation, shipping errors, pricing and invoicing.
- Work with Procurement team to monitor and analyze trends in the company inventory control in order to make recommendations for the future.
- Build and maintain relationships with key vendors.
- Additional administrative duties as required.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TABLE
- High school diploma required.
- Post-secondary education in Supply Chain Management or related field considered an asset.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in purchasing or related field required.
- Professional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Positive, responsible and self-motivated with demonstrated problem solving skills.
- All candidates must possess a valid passport and be able to travel abroad unrestricted. In addition, candidates must also be eligible to work for a Canadian company.
- Clear criminal background check.
- Maintain immunizations and immunization records.
Voyageur offers employees and their families extensive benefits upon successful completion of the probation period including:
- 100% coverage of extended health care benefits for dental and vision care, prescription medication, out-of-country insurance and more.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (TSX: CHR).
- Retirement pension plan.
- Employee assistance program.
Voyageur Aviation Corp. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc. (TSX: CHR), a company whose vision is to deliver regional aviation to the world. Voyageur Aviation Corp is the parent company of Voyageur Airways, Voyageur Aerotech, and Voyageur Avparts. Voyageur Aviation Corp manages these three entities under the same core principles of comprehensive Safety Management, Quality Assurance, and Client-Dedicated Solutions. Under Voyageur Aviation Corp, Airways, Aerotech, and Avparts can combine their expertise on aircraft services and products to offer an unparalleled one-stop-shop for aviation related clients across the globe. Voyageur prides itself in providing its employees with job security, competitive wages, health and retirement benefits, and a safe working environment.
If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, please apply online by clicking the button below.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.