Janitorial and Building Maintenance
Location: North Bay, Ontario
Employee Status: Full Time / Permanent
Company: Voyageur Aviation Corp is the parent company of Voyageur Airways, Voyageur Aerotech, and Voyageur Avparts. Voyageur Aviation Corp manages these three entities under the same core principles of comprehensive Safety Management, Quality Assurance, and Client-Dedicated Solutions. Under Voyageur Aviation Corp, Airways, Aerotech, and Avparts can combine their expertise on aircraft services and products to offer an unparalleled one-stop-shop for aviation related clients across the globe.
Benefits: Voyageur offers employees and employees' families extensive benefits. Extended health care benefits include dental, vision, prescription drugs, hearing, out-of-country insurance, orthotic devices, semi-private hospital, and more. Other benefits include life and disability insurance, an employee share ownership program, a retirement pension plan, and a number of other employee assistance programs.
Job Description:We are currently accepting applications to fill an available position at our main facility located in North Bay, Ontario.
- Permanent / Full Time
- Voyageur offers competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package including: dental, health, life insurance, short and long-term disability, as well as a retirement pension program
This is a physically demanding position which will include occasionally lifting, bending, sitting, standing, crouching and/or kneeling for long periods at a time, and will also include performing work outdoors, at heights, and repetitive tasks.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Carrying out general janitorial duties including sweeping, mopping, washing, waxing, dusting, and waste removal.
- Ensuring janitorial duties are completed to the highest standards of hygiene.
- Performing general exterior building and property maintenance including sweeping, mowing grass areas, and snow removal.
- Performing clean-up and general maintenance on equipment as required.
- Adhering to all company policies and procedures.
- Other associated duties as assigned.
- Completion of high school, post-secondary, vocational, or technical training.
- Must have a valid driver´s licence with own transportation, and the ability to drive a manual transmission vehicle.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 45 kg (100 lbs).
- Ability to read and follow directions, and work independently.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Reliable, responsible, and self-motivated.
- All candidates must be eligible to work for a Canadian company.
- Previous experience with interior and exterior building maintenance, janitorial, and/or handyman services is considered an asset.