AME APPRENTICE – AVIONICS
Department: Aerotech Maintenance
Location: North Bay
Schedule: Standard Work Week
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
We are looking for individuals to join our Aerotech Maintenance team as an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) Apprentice in our Avionics department. The AME is responsible for maintaining, repairing, overhauling, modifying and testing electrical, electronic, instrument and radio systems-components on our CRJ and DH8 fleet.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Diagnose electrical malfunctions or other related problems in the aircraft as per technical manuals, drawings or blueprints.
- Maintain aircraft electronic systems and equipment, including communications and navigation equipment.
- Assemble and/or modify a variety of electric cables.
- Ensure that all maintenance operations are conducted in accordance with applicable legislation, company policies and procedures.
- Troubleshoot aircraft's structural, mechanical or hydraulic systems to identify problems and adjust/repair systems according to specifications, technical drawings, manuals and established procedures.
- Perform and document scheduled and unscheduled maintenance as dictated by the manufacturer, per Voyageur's policy and Transport Canada.
- Actively participate in Voyageur's Safety Management System including report hazards and incidents encountered during daily operations.
- Understand, comply with and promote the Company's safety culture.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TABLE
- College diploma in Aircraft Maintenance from a Transport Canada approved educational institution and actively pursuing AME licence.
- Related work experience in an aviation environment is considered an asset.
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions with strong attention to detail.
- Reliable, responsible and self-motivated with demonstrated problem solving skills.
- All candidates must possess a valid passport and be able to travel abroad unrestricted. In addition, candidates must also be eligible to work for a Canadian company.
- Clear criminal background check.
- Updated immunizations and immunization records.
Voyageur offers employees and their families extensive benefits upon successful completion of probation period including:
- 100% company paid benefits including extended health care benefits for dental and vision care, prescription medication, out-of-country insurance and more.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Employee stock ownership program (TSX: CHR).
- Retirement pension plan.
- Employee assistance program.
Voyageur Aviation Corp. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc. (TSX: CHR), a company whose vision is to deliver regional aviation to the world. Voyageur is headquartered in North Bay, Ontario, Canada and operates under the core principles of comprehensive safety management, quality assurance, and client-dedicated solutions. Our services include: airline operations; aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul; aircraft part sales and logistics management; and aircraft leasing. These services provide an unparalleled suite of services for regional aviation clients across the globe. Voyageur prides itself in providing its employees with job security, competitive wages, health and retirement benefits, and a safe working environment.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.