Location: North Bay, Ontario
Employee Status: Full Time / Permanent
Company: Voyageur Airways is a Canadian Air Operator specializing in ad-hoc or contract-based aircraft charter services and aircraft leasing. Voyageur Airways’ operations are worldwide, often in remote and challenging environments.
Benefits: Voyageur offers employees and employees' families extensive benefits. Extended health care benefits include dental, vision, prescription drugs, hearing, out-of-country insurance, orthotic devices, semi-private hospital, and more. Other benefits include life and disability insurance, retirement pension, and a number of other employee assistance programs.
Job Description: We are currently accepting applications from qualified individuals to fill Flight Dispatcher positions at our head office. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating operational flight plans, coordinating with ATC, Pilots, Flight Attendants and Maintenance. Dispatchers are scheduled for 12 hour shifts and cover 24/7 flight operations.
Dispatch Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- To ensure that all flight operations are conducted in accordance the applicable sections of Flight Operations Manual, Transport Canada regulations and company policies and procedures.
- To supervise and train Flight Followers.
- To initiate emergency response procedures as outlined in the Emergency Preparedness & Response Manual.
- To coordinate, as necessary, the resolution of Maintenance problems which may limit or impact flight operation capabilities.
- To advise pertinent personnel of any operational concerns that may impact operations including flight delays, cancellations, payload restrictions, equipment serviceability, and ground support concerns.
- Upholding a professional standard in the workplace and maintaining strong Crew Resource Management conduct.
- Customer service commitment.
- Actively participating in the company's Safety Management System including reporting hazards and incidents encountered in daily operations, and understanding, complying with, and promoting the company's safety culture.
- Must meet the requirements of Canadian Aviation Regulations CAR 705.110 and complete the required Transport Canada Flight Dispatcher exams.
- Air Operator Radio Licence.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to work independently in fast paced environment.
- Enthusiastic & self motivated.
- All candidates must possess a valid Passport and be able to travel internationally unrestricted.
Individuals that currently do not meet the Dispatch Qualifications may qualify for employment by completing Voyageur’s Flight Follower Accredited Program.